1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: replace windows XP english by XP french

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by b1ffyi59, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Hello everyone and Happy new year.
    I want to replace Windows XP English home edition by Windows XP French professional edition.This would be on my old computer that only has 40 gig hard disk and 512 mb memory.It worked very well with the English version but it is for my sister who doesn't understand English.I do not want to install windows 7 as it takes to much memory to operate.
    Do I have to to format my C drive and install the new windows french with the disk or can I install the new windows french in a different partition and after remove what is in the C drive?
    Thank you

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

your computer came originally with windows xp home in english? and u want to replace it with windows xp pro in french? if u have a legit version of xp pro in french with a valid COA sticker thats never been used in any other computer yes u can use it.u wouldnt be able to put windows 7 in that computer anyway or vista as u need at least 1 gig of ram otherwise it will be way to slow.if the xp pro french edition has been used in another computer then the answer is no.if u are able to put in the xp pro french edition just do a complete reinstall and start fresh.u didnt say what make of computer it is. if its a dell computer and its a dell branded copy of windows xp pro in french then u dont have to worry about activating it.then u can install it without any problems.hope this helps u.

4. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972417