1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Resolution, writing, and other problems..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ilikemetal, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilikemetal

ilikemetal Thread Starter

I recently got my old windows XP desktop out and fixed it up, but I'm having some problems...

1. Small writing is really crappy and illegible.

2. When I open certain programs they extend beyond the actual monitor screen! This is bugging me and I can't seem to fix it.

3. When I move my mouse to far to the right it can go off screen. I have checked to make sure the resolution is set on my monitor and technically the mouse can't go past there..

4. When I open the web browser the actual window is like twice as big as the actual monitor screen! I have to use scrolls bars to see the entire thing.. How can I fix this?

5. Also, when I try to scroll when in a window, I see weird waves.

Thanks for reading, help is appreciated!

2. DerekC

DerekC

Lets try these in order.

1. What is your resolution set to? Are your video drivers up to date?
    2. Right click the program on the taskbar and choose Maximize. This should resize it to your monitor.
    3. Go into your display properties. Does it only list 1 display? or is there a second one? If there is a second one, select it, then uncheck the extend desktop box.
    4. What browser are you using? If you are using IE, click view, then Zoom. Make sure it's set to 100%, Then click view text size and make sure it's set to medium.
    5. Up your monitor's refresh rate. Display properties, Settings, advanced, monitor. If it's 60 up it to 70 or 75. Also while you are here. If the monitor is anything but plug and play, change it to plug and play.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice