1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "Restart Now" Grayed out

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jbumpus, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jbumpus

Jbumpus Thread Starter

I have a client that I have made a local admin of his computer and have auto updates set to auto download and install. He continues to get the message that updates are almost complete the computer requires but when the dialog box opens restart now is grayed out and they can only select restart later. When they go to start, shutdown, restart manually the message still comes up. They are in a workgroup and running XP SP 3 there is no WSUS server,domain, or GP settings that would override the behavior.

2. rka0

rka0 Banned

3. Jbumpus

Jbumpus Thread Starter

Thanks for the link but it seems that most of the links in the search were about different programs or are people asking about why the restart later is grayed out. It doesn't seem like to many people have a the same problem of restart now being grayed out.

4. Jbumpus

Jbumpus Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help the issue ended up being I didn't get enough info from the user the were connecting to the company terminal server to do work and it was the server that was giving them the box. They didn't understand that the terminal server is a whole other computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/827389