1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Restart the unit=restart the computer? Didn't understand Vaio Update instruct

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Saussure, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Saussure

Saussure Thread Starter

I have to update my Vaio Update software (version 3) to version 4. The instructions on the Sony website say:

1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
    2. Uninstall the existing VAIO Update and restart the unit.
    3. After the unit has restarted, please go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000162589.exe.
    4. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
    5. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.

All is clear to me, except that I don't know whether "unit" is another word for "computer", or something different altogether...? If they mean the same thing, then the same word should be used. Anyway, I don't know whether I have to reboot my computer after removing Vaio Update 3 or whether I can install version 4 directly after removing version 3. Sorry if this sounds silly.

2. joeten

joeten

ok download the file to for example my docs next uninstall version3 and restart your comp next get the file from my docs double click the exe follow the wizard instructions when finished restart again hope this helps

3. Saussure

Saussure Thread Starter

4. joeten

joeten

your welcome please mark solved or closed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/792978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice