Solved: Restore Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WanneJ3150

There is a program called tech-in-a-box but it does not work any more for some odd reason. An error message pops up saying
runtime error
'-2147221231' (80040111)
Automation error
classfactory cannot supply requseted class

If anybody knows how to fix that problem it would be great! If I could get it working I can resore my computer which I was planning on doing until I got stuck.

Why do you need tech in a box to restore XP, XP has resotre point in

Control Panel - System - restore points

I suspect you have some problems, would you care to explain why you are at this point

WanneJ3150

I mean I want to wipe out my computer and start fresh again like when you buy a brand new computer and you turn it on for the first time and xp does it's little intro thing

WanneJ3150

The cd with xp runs off a partition but tech in a box creates that partition. On the cds the company (systemax) gave me it says run system recovery and backup on tech in a box. The catch is tech in a box doesn't work.
This is the error message

runtime error
'-2147221231' (80040111)
Automation error

Before when tech in a box worked it worked before so if I can just get Tech-In-A-Freakin-Box working I think I might be ok. :D laugh

Most pc's these days like Dell, hp and emachines have a restore partition and restore software, seems like systemax is being cheap and not using better restore software. :D :eek:

Well that's his case tho, restore is builtin to the computer.

WanneJ3150

is there anything i can do about it?

And if anybody knows what this means tell me so I could maybe fix it or somebody else on this site could
runtime error
'-2147221231' (80040111)
Automation error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online