1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: retreve old emails and web addresses

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pn859181, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pn859181

pn859181 Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new pc. The company installed windows 7 family premium on my primary drive, my old hard drive (which is now my slave) had windows 7 ultimate.

I need to find our how to recoup my email and web addresses form my slave to primary or even better how to transfer all the stuff from slave to primary.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What "company"? Is this a business owned computer?

What is "windows 7 family premium"?

For "web addresses" copy the bookmarks file (or the "Favorites" if from Internet Explorer). For email copy the appropriate folders if you are going to use the same email client. Else, what client had you used and which one are you planning to use now?

3. pn859181

pn859181 Thread Starter

Private computer and it was suppose to be windows home premium.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Thanks. Did the "help" part of my reply help? Do you still have questions?

5. pn859181

pn859181 Thread Starter

I am using Microsoft outlook and will still use it. I can't seem to find the old outlook on my slave drive.
    sorry for the ignorance but I and just a beginner.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  7. pn859181

pn859181 Thread Starter

Terrynet
    Awesome I found the files now for the last hurdle, how do I transfer it to the new outlook. I'm also using 2007 version.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    CAUTION: I don't use Outlook so I'm guessing at a procedure and can't give details.

If you have new contacts or messages that you want to merge with the old export them to a safe place.

Copy your new Outlook files to a safe place (I'd create a new folder on the desktop and keep them there). Now copy the old files over the new in the proper place (for this step Outlook cannot be running). You should now have your old messages and contacts back. Now import the new messages and/or contacts that you previously exported.

Note that you haven't deleted any files, so even if something went bad you can get back to the starting point.

You can delete that new folder with the copied new files and the exported messages/contacts after waiting a day or two just to make sure.

9. pn859181

pn859181 Thread Starter

Terrynet
    you are a god send, thankyou so very mush I now have all the addresses and the new in my internet ansd email. once again thank you , thank you,thank you .

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome, welcome, welcome. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!