Solved: retrieving OE email from drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Couriant

James
Hey guys, I need to retrieve my emails from Outlook Express from my old drive. My old machine died (see sig :D) and I couldn't attach the drive as a primary on my new one. (Kept restarting) I need to know where the files were stored so I can retrieved them.

Thanks in advance! :D

Couriant

James
i got it now. For those interested, the location of the stored emails is:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{D8FAC464-B0C0-42F8-B1E4-47A30A66F6BB}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the feedback, I don't know how I missed this thread, you are a quick study!

For those not familiar with Outlook Express, the path is usually the same...

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{D8FAC464-B0C0-42F8-B1E4-47A30A66F6BB}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

but the CLSID in red will change for each new Identity added and will be different on another machine.

I hope you saved the Folders.dbx file!

Couriant

James
but the CLSID in red will change for each new Identity
Opps, missed that bit. :) But like you said the path is the same. Usually if you are using one identity per windows account then it should be the only one there.

Quick study? I had to be I needed those emails :D Not just mine but my wifes (she's a freelancer and needed hers more :D)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online