1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Returned EMail, I did not send in first place

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AE4TR, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AE4TR

AE4TR Thread Starter

;) I keep getting Email returned to me, that I did not send in the first place. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem? I am using WinME, and the WalMart browser. Also their email system. I have used spybot search and destroy, ad-aware, AVG virus scan, Privacy Keeper, and other programs to try and find the cause of this, with no results. Also used RegVac and other registry cleaners to make sure there are no bits and pieces hanging around from deleted files. It does not happen everytime I get on the internet. Just ocassionally when I sign on my computer says, You have mail, and when I check it, it says email, returned, undeliverable. But I did not send it. Wonder what is going on here, since my computer is completely clean. Has someone finally created the perfect virus that no program can find and delete?? :mad:

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Not necessarily but someone may have got hold of your browser password and I suggest you change it quite quickly before you get a reputation as a spammer.

3. Moby

Moby

No, the wrong computer is being scanned. The e-mail probably originates from another computer and the e-mail subject/message is just another trick viruses use. When a computer is infected a lot of viruses scan the address book of the computer they're on, then they send themselves to people in the address book. Your 'undeliverable' message is just another cunning disguise they use.
    More than likely you are in the address book of someone elses infected computer. It wouldn't harm letting your e-mail contacts know this for them to scan their own computers.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Out of curiosity, what is a 'browser password' ???

5. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

With this question coming from an MVP I suspect I've said the wrong thing here but I meant the password one uses to gain access to the browser (in my case, AOL) which, if compromised, could enable a spammer to send mails purporting to come from me. That's why I recommended a change of password.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Actually, that was a serious question. I'm not into high 'security' so I thought there may be something I missed ;)

Thanks for clarifying that we're speaking of the ISP logon password.

7. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Very grateful - I should have realised "browser" was the wrong word in the circumstances.

I hope this hasn't caused AE4TR too much confusion because I still maintain it's important for him to change that password.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice