Solved: Revo uninstaller

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdemnyan1116

When you use revo uninstaller does it remove files that are used by other programs? Would like to use it on my grandsons computer to remove a few items that add/remove did not get or remove. Is it a safe remover or does it remove everything regardless? thanks for any response.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
If you're referring to Babylon, please continue in your other thread and follow instructions from post #5 HERE.

jdemnyan1116

No, this is for general information purposes. The other thread has a response on it.

jdemnyan1116

Thanks for the information guide. All I want to use it for is to get rid of programs that do not uninstall fully, like I got remants of McAfee on it and I have never used it since I got the computer. Used the McAfee uninstaller(i think) and it did not remove all the components. Just little programs left over bits, nothing on registry as it is a no no. Had old programs on it that did not totally remove so would like to get rid of the remnants. Thanks for the booklet on Revo.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I haven't used Revo Uninstaller in quite awhile, but I don't believe it'll display and allow you to remove the "debris" of any programs that aren't still in the Add Or Remove programs list.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Laz123

Banned
There are 4 options for Revo to uninstall. If you choose the 'advanced' option it will also delete registry entries, but you have to be careful which entries in bold to tick otherwise there could be a problem.

I always back up the registry 1st with Erunt http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html , just in case.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online