1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] right click and new window size

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by pisces866, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pisces866

pisces866 Thread Starter

Always same,not full screen as i want.I can`t find registry key to find again and to alter.........win 98 se.Affects ie an we......:(

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Are you speaking of Intenet Explorer Browser window not being full screen? If so, with only one window open, hit the middle button to expand it (upper right hand corner) then X it and close it, then reopen another one, it should open full.

3. pisces866

pisces866 Thread Starter

A little wiser than that,is a registry key that has to be change,not only in ie but we does same............just annoys me.If a second ie window or any other is reduced.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Never had to change a registry key for that ;)

on the second window, drag it to full screen, then close that one, and reopen another one.

5. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

Are you talking about the size that the windows open up with?
    (I think that may be poor english!)

Try this: Open up a window... say in IE. Drag it out to what you want - Hold Ctrl and click X to close it

Now open another window and it should default to that size. If you want it maximized upon opening - then do the same thing again - hit the MAXIMIZE button - Hold Ctrl and close it. I SHOULD open up MAXIMIZED !

- Castleheart :cool:

6. pisces866

pisces866 Thread Starter

excellant,worked,but i did have to have to changed a registry key before,never heard of ctrl x to make windows remember window size,learn something new everyday.Mods can close this a solved thread.

7. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

Great! (y)

Often it's the simplest little things I never heard of... that I enjoy learning the most! ]:D

- C

" Lookin' at a THING in a bag!"

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice