Solved: Right Click problem in Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neo4u44

I am using Windows 7 Home premium 64bit(genuine) on 2.30 dual core CPU with 3 GB. Few months ago I reinstalled windows and a month after the reinstall, whenever I right click on only any file to open/cut/copy/rename/delete, it takes too much time, and many times the folder in which file exist goes unresponding. I am using AVAST (after using 60 day trial of Norton) and it is updated regularly.

Please help

neo4u44

no I simply uninstalled it from control panel and there was no error in uninstallation. Further, the right click problem has appeared long before uninstalling Norton.

TerryNet

Terry
Are you current with Windows and other updates? Some time ago (maybe six months or so) my Windows 7 systems started having that annoying right click delay of a couple seconds and then returned to proper behavior several weeks later. I assume that an update was somehow involved in causing the problem and another update corrected it.

neo4u44

@TerryNet
MY OS is update to date regarding updates. In my case it is not a couple of second delay, some times right click menu appears after 20-40 sec delay and some time it cause the folder to "not responding" state, which then solved by restarting the windows explorer.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
no I simply uninstalled it from control panel and there was no error in uninstallation. Further, the right click problem has appeared long before uninstalling Norton.
But did it appear while you had Norton?

In any case, you need to run the removal tool to avoid any serious Internet
connection issues.

neo4u44

But did it appear while you had Norton?

In any case, you need to run the removal tool to avoid any serious Internet
connection issues.
yes, It appeared when I was using Norton. Now I am downloading the removal tool and after running it, I will let you know if there is any improvement.

neo4u44

Right click is working normally so far after I ran the Norton Removal Tool. I am not sure if the problem is been solved on permanent basis or like before right click is behaving normally, temporarily. I will check it for a day or two and if it keeps working normally, then I will marked the thread solved.
Thanks for you time and kind help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online