1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Right Click problem in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by neo4u44, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. neo4u44

neo4u44 Thread Starter

I am using Windows 7 Home premium 64bit(genuine) on 2.30 dual core CPU with 3 GB. Few months ago I reinstalled windows and a month after the reinstall, whenever I right click on only any file to open/cut/copy/rename/delete, it takes too much time, and many times the folder in which file exist goes unresponding. I am using AVAST (after using 60 day trial of Norton) and it is updated regularly.

Please help

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. neo4u44

neo4u44 Thread Starter

no I simply uninstalled it from control panel and there was no error in uninstallation. Further, the right click problem has appeared long before uninstalling Norton.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you current with Windows and other updates? Some time ago (maybe six months or so) my Windows 7 systems started having that annoying right click delay of a couple seconds and then returned to proper behavior several weeks later. I assume that an update was somehow involved in causing the problem and another update corrected it.

5. neo4u44

neo4u44 Thread Starter

@TerryNet
    MY OS is update to date regarding updates. In my case it is not a couple of second delay, some times right click menu appears after 20-40 sec delay and some time it cause the folder to "not responding" state, which then solved by restarting the windows explorer.

6. Phantom010

But did it appear while you had Norton?

In any case, you need to run the removal tool to avoid any serious Internet
    connection issues.

7. neo4u44

neo4u44 Thread Starter

yes, It appeared when I was using Norton. Now I am downloading the removal tool and after running it, I will let you know if there is any improvement.

8. neo4u44

neo4u44 Thread Starter

Right click is working normally so far after I ran the Norton Removal Tool. I am not sure if the problem is been solved on permanent basis or like before right click is behaving normally, temporarily. I will check it for a day or two and if it keeps working normally, then I will marked the thread solved.
    Thanks for you time and kind help.

9. Phantom010

You're welcome!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice