Solved: Roller Coaster Typhon directX error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etaf

Wayne
I'm trying to install RollerCoasterTyphoon 3
onto a WInXP SP2 laptop
it comes up with

DirectX9 not found

I have installed the latest DirectX 9C from MS site - download full version Jun2006
I have installed latest video driver from ACER site
I have updated the game
tested the DirectX with DXDIAG
9.0C (4.09.0000.0904)
display test run
on 3d test it runs two test and then skips hardware-accelerator direct3D 9 as the driver does not support it.
Display driver does not support API (DDI version too low)

the adapter is a S3 Graphics Twister 16MB
the Laptop is an
ACER ASPIRE 1200

i will only have the laptop until 16:00 GMT today - so any help will be appreciated

Well, for starters, you don't meet the minimum system requirements, according to Atari:
Any ATI Radeon™ or GeForce™ 2 with 32MB or higher; or other video card with 32MB and hardware T&L (ATI Radeon™ 64 MB SDR or GeForce™ 2 Pro or other video card with 64 MB or more memory and hardware T&L recommended)*
I would imagine the error you're getting is related to the video card not having full DirectX 9 support. Check the manufacturer to ensure that.

etaf

Wayne
Thanks - I thought that may be the case - but no details on the BOX at all for min spec

ok seems to be solved now ???
strange - I went into device manager and updated the video driver - even though it had the latest installed - so any way working now
kind of - but i dont play ganes so i will give it back and explain thatthe adapter is not really good enough to support the game

Thanks for the fast response

Good to hear. :) I recall seeing somewhere that the latest drivers added DX9 support, but I wasn't sure. I would suggest not pushing that little card too far though. ;)

etaf

Wayne
No - not really my scene Games I'm afraid and certainly not on laptops :) :)
Strange that installing the latest drivers and then updating seemed to be different

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online