1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Roller Coaster Typhon directX error

Discussion in 'Games' started by etaf, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    I'm trying to install RollerCoasterTyphoon 3
    onto a WInXP SP2 laptop
    it comes up with

DirectX9 not found

I have installed the latest DirectX 9C from MS site - download full version Jun2006
    I have installed latest video driver from ACER site
    I have updated the game
    tested the DirectX with DXDIAG
    9.0C (4.09.0000.0904)
    display test run
    on 3d test it runs two test and then skips hardware-accelerator direct3D 9 as the driver does not support it.
    Display driver does not support API (DDI version too low)

the adapter is a S3 Graphics Twister 16MB
    the Laptop is an
    ACER ASPIRE 1200

i will only have the laptop until 16:00 GMT today - so any help will be appreciated

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Maybe your video driver doesnt support game either?

3. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Well, for starters, you don't meet the minimum system requirements, according to Atari:
    I would imagine the error you're getting is related to the video card not having full DirectX 9 support. Check the manufacturer to ensure that.

4. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    Thanks - I thought that may be the case - but no details on the BOX at all for min spec

ok seems to be solved now ???
    strange - I went into device manager and updated the video driver - even though it had the latest installed - so any way working now
    kind of - but i dont play ganes so i will give it back and explain thatthe adapter is not really good enough to support the game

Thanks for the fast response

5. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Hi etaf. Even though i did not help you, i am glad you got the problem solved. :)

6. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Good to hear. :) I recall seeing somewhere that the latest drivers added DX9 support, but I wasn't sure. I would suggest not pushing that little card too far though. ;)

7. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    No - not really my scene Games I'm afraid and certainly not on laptops :) :)
    Strange that installing the latest drivers and then updating seemed to be different

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice