Solved: Router Block problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Seth Karlo

Basically, I was tinkering around with the router, (I know, I am an idiot) and decided to set a couple of blocks up for the fun of it. (Hey sister! Try and get onto google! Heh heh)

I managed to block my own PC....

Is there anyway to get aorund the block? It won't even let me get to the router screen.

I've tried spoofing my MAC address (Not sure if it actually worked), and have manually changed the IP address.

I'm using Vista, but the other PC's in the house (All of them are blocked...) are on XP, and one is a new iMac

Any ideas? I kind of need it for my work and stuff. :confused::(

(Am posting from the library)

Seth

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If all else fails, reset the router to factory defaults. There should be a button on the back of the router that says reset. You either just hold it down for a few seconds and when you see the router reboot, let go of the button. Or, you pull the power, push the reset button in, then power up the router, and let go of the button after a few seconds when you see the router reboot itself again.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The make/model of the router would enable us to give you the correct reset procedure. :)

Seth Karlo

Ah well, reset it and had to re-create all the settings.

At least we have Internet again.

Thanks very much guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online