1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Router connection problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dynamite, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dynamite

Dynamite Thread Starter

So I recently formatted my host computer and when I logged on for the first time after the format I realised that I cannot access the internet, and internet explorer only gives a 'The page cannot be displayed' error. I first tried accessing my router with no luck, just a blank page. I next try my laptop and find out that it can access the internet fine, and I can also access my router from there. I next tried going into control panel, network and internet connections, and looking for my router using the network setup wizard, and it states the message:

The wizard cannot find your network hardware.

Before using this wizard, you must first install and configure your network cards, modems, cables and device drivers.

My router is correctly connected, and it was only after the format that I had any problems with it.

To me this sounds like my internet and router config are fine, but my PC can't find the router.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition SP2, with a Netgear DG834PN router.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. <3

Yes, I am computer illiterate.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It sounds to me like you have not yet installed your chipset and networking (and maybe other) drivers. Get them from your Drivers CD or your PC manufacturer's web site. Install the chipset first.

3. Dynamite

Dynamite Thread Starter

It's fixed and working perfectly. Thanks for your help.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. You could click on that big ol' SOLVED button at the upper left of the thread. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice