1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Router is blocking access to my web server :(

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mristovski, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mristovski

mristovski Thread Starter

Hello guys.

First of all thank you for your patience.
    I have one question.
    I am running web server on port 8080 on my local machine. Now I have DSL connection wich has dinamyc IP address and after some time it change itself from my ISP.
    Because of that to have access to my server from outside of my home network I use dynamic dns from no-ip.org
    But when I try to enter the dns or my dynamic IP address in the address bar of my web server with the following port IP:pORT(8080) I cant connect.
    Now my network has one modem and one router.
    And my router is blocking, I have Level one router. What should I do? I tried with Virtual Servers but it didnt worked.
    Thank you in advance for your time!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Some routers have problems looping back a connection from a computer on the LAN side to server on the LAN using the server's public IP address. You need to have the connection to the server tested from a computer on the Internet.

If an outside computer can not connect and you are sure the router has port forwarding set correctly, it is possible that the modem may need to have port forwarding set on it as well if you can access those settings. Finally some DSL service providers do not allow running a server on residential accounts. They block incoming access for commonly used server ports.

3. mristovski

mristovski Thread Starter

Dear cwwozniak
    I understood you well but I think that my problem in extended version should be: my router is confusing and I need to set up the NAT or port forwarding because when I have internal IP address I need to port forward, but I have dynamic IP address so what should I port forward can I set up the dns and port?
    And what about the VPS because my router has no port forwarding option it has VPS.
    (I can access the server in my network but from outside no one can enter it, also my ISP is not blocking the problem is definetly at my router)

-------
    I solved :D
    Actually I used the Virtual Servers option in my Level one router and I forwarder the specific port 8080 :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice