1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Router / Modem Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by 45ACP1911, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 45ACP1911

45ACP1911 Thread Starter

I run 4 computers (3 laptops and a desktop) intermittently, all wireless, from a Cisco EA2700. No problem until yesterday when I unplugged the surge suppressor for the modem and router to move some furniture. When I plugged it back in, no internet. I have a signal from the router to each PC, but it says "Local Access". Also, when I plug a laptop into the modem (even the same one) I have to reboot the modem to get it to access the internet. I have tried powering off the modem and router numerous times, as well as the PCs. Left them off for up to 30 minutes each. I start the modem, then the router, then the PCs. I am not able to plug a cable into the router to the computer either.

I called the ISP (Time Warner) and they had me change a setting for TCIP4 or something like that to be able to get on through the modem, but could not/would not help with the router.

I'm not a techie, so I need simple terms please! Thanks in advance for any help!!

2. sniper1132

sniper1132

Hi. check first the status of you TCP/IP configuration, by checking go to (cmd) command prompt type: ping 127.0.0.1 must be result: packet sent =4; received=4;0% loss. bypass first the router before you check the tcp/ip status.

3. 45ACP1911

45ACP1911 Thread Starter

I reinstalled firmware on one of the laptops and now and up and running. Thanks anyway!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice