1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Roxio Creator - No Drive Detected

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dktemple7, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with Windows Vista SP1. The computer is only about 4 months old. I know I can use DellConnect, but I really don't want to mess with that today. I'm kind of an intermediate with computers. But, I upgraded from my old Pentium II with Windows Millenium. Now, I'm not sure!:rolleyes:

I haven't used my DVD burner much since I've had the computer. It's a Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA Device. I have burned to a CD-RW and DVD-RW, though. I have Roxio Creator on the computer. I recently tried to copy a DVD using Roxio Creator. I also tried to burn data from my hard drive to a CD. And, it says "No Drive Detected".

Is there an easy solution? Or, should I just call Dell next week?

Thanks in advance, Darlene

2. leonard72

leonard72

You might try installing a new set of drivers for the DVD ROM,/ Roxio creator.
    Hope it works out for you.
    Leonar72 :eek:

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What version is the Roxio software?

4. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

It is Roxio Creator DE 3.7.0

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I've not heard of that version before. How old is it? If it's more than a couple of years old, it's likely not compatible with Vista.

6. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

I believe it's the latest version. I just bought the computer in October of last year.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

So you bought the computer new, and it came with Roxio software pre-installed? Is there a Help -> About or similar menu item in Roxio to indicate what the actual version is?

8. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Yes, bought it new (ordered it online). And, it came preinstalled with Roxio. Help-> About says it is Roxio Creator DE 3.7.0.

9. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Oppps, I was looking thru my software that came with the computer. It is Roxio Creator DE 10.2. I guess I could uninstall and reinstall. But, it'll have to wait until the weekend. I'm a student and behind in my homework!

10. leonard72

leonard72

[​IMG] dktemple7

This may sound stupid but since it came pre-installed, please make sure it's not a trial version. Most manufactures install a lot of trial software in the hopes the end user will buy when it expires.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803115