1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Run a Legacy CPL Elevated

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lafnirvana, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

The last three days upon booting up my pc I get a windows box with
    "Run a Legacy CPL Elevated"-allow or not allow. Since I have no idea what this message means I have chosen not to allow. I'm hoping you fabulous techs can enlighten me as to the meaning of this particular message.

Upon clicking details this is what comes up:

"C:\Windows\System32\RunLegacyCPLElevated.exe"
    Shell32.dll,Control_RunDL
    "Stacgui.cpl"
    Page=portmap

Remember, I'm not a tech person so any explanation needs to be as non tech as possible. Thanks!:):):)

2. hulkinator

hulkinator

That has to do with your SigmaTel sound drivers. There must be some kind of compatibility issue, though I don't quite know why it would have just surfaced now.

I could not find any updated drivers, though perhaps somebody else will. For now I would think you can allow it.

If you wait to take any action until somebody comes through with a 100% definite answer I'm not offended one bit :)

3. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

Of course, after I asked the question, the "allow/not allow" messages magically stopped. And I never had any problem with my sound system.

So thanks anyway for telling me what the message was all about.:):)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/872455