1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: RunDll Message.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by br1ng3r, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

Hi all. For the past few days everytime i start up my PC, as soon as it gets to the desktop a small window appears. The message inside it says:-

An exception occured while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup". Now although it isn't causing any problems as far as i can see (apart from the annoyance of clicking ok to get rid of the box), i was wondering if anyone knows what this means and if there is a solution for it. I haven't downloaded anything prior to getting the message, or made any changes to my system (at least none that i can recall. I have run my antivirus scans and all comes up clear, so im a little perplexed as to what it can be. All or any help would be appreciated.

2. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

Bump.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

NvCpl.dll is Nvidia Control Panel. You might try re-installing your Nvidia drivers.

4. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

Unfortunatly no joy with that. After uninstalling and re-installing the latest Nvidia drivers, then rebooting the problem is still there. Infact i now cant access the Nvidia control panel. But many thanks anyway, any other suggestions?

5. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Try to find NvCpl.dll or NvStartup with the Start > search option, if you don't find it I can give you a download link to download it.

6. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

Ok this is how it went, NvStartup produced nothing.
    NvCpl.dll produced 2 files. C:\WINDOWS\system32 and C:\WINDOWS\system\reinst... Neither would allow me to open or run them.

7. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

OK, that's good, it means that the NvCpl.dll is there where it should be, and NvStartup doesn't needs to be found, I tought maybe you didn't even had the NvCpl.dll but I would bacup the NvCpl.dll and try to replace it with another NvCpl.dll from the net, I can give you a download link. But make sure you make the back up before replacin (you know, copy paste all the NvCpl.dlls to a folder to desktop)

8. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

Thanks for all your help guys, Well i finally managed to solve the problem by uninstalling all the graphics drivers, then downloading and installing "omega drivers". And well so far so good. The error message has gone (relief)! And a quick test through a good few games, and some online gaming and it all appears to run very smoothly. So once again thanks for your input......oh and bboy_cero (whatever that was about)????

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice