1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Rundll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JessNElvis, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JessNElvis

JessNElvis Thread Starter

I need some computer genious expertise!

Whenever I'm online, sometimes I get a random DLL error message when I click certain links. It says:

Error Loading C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\HMMAPI.DLL The system cannot find the file specified.

What does this mean, and how do I fix it?

THANKS!

2. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

First try running Spybot search and destroy, then run lavasofts adware, it may sound like a bunch but those two programs really kill spyware. HMMAPI.DLL works in IE it may have been corrupted make sure your virus definitions are up-to-date. if all else fails reinstall IE from microsoft web page, get the latest and greatest.

3. brindle

brindle

Try an IE repair before you reinstall or sfc to fix a corrupt file or replace a missing one.

4. JessNElvis

How do I repair?

5. dtugg

dtugg

To reapair IE:

Go to control panel. Find "Add/Remove programs" icon and double click. Highlight Internet explorer and click add/remove button below. From there, just select repair and follow the instructions.

The sfc idea is better though. To do that: Hit start and go to run. Type in sfc and hit ok. Follow the instructions from the wizard. (Those instructions are for Win98 only). ME, 2000, XP are all different.

What is the OS?

dtugg

6. mobo

mobo

If that doesn't work you cpold try downloading the dll from here .

7. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Have you tried doing a search for the so called missing dll? It should be in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
    Also what OS are you using and which version of IE?

The version you are looking for is 6.00.2800.1106 (or higher) if you are running IE 6.0

8. JessNElvis

I use WINDOWS 98 (still.... grrrrr)
    and I THINK that I have IE6 installed. I'm not totally sure tho.... but I THINk it's 6........
    You guys ROCK!!!

9. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Version 6.00.2800.1106 should do the trick for you then.

10. JessNElvis

OOOOK you guys......

I ran SpyBot S&D
    I ran AdAware

When i went to Dispaly Panel > Add/Remove, Internet Explorer was not listed with all the other programs so I could not repair...

I did the sfc thing... no change

I downloaded the file motherboard told me to download. I unzipped it.... nothing happened. No change

NiteHawk- I searched for the file.... no results.

I went to C: Program Files > Internet Explorer. There's three folders labeled "Plugins" "Setup" and "Signup", a CD creator lesetup file, Explorer itself, and an IE6Setup file.... but no file labeled HMMAPI.DLL

Unless there is something else, I guess I need to go to Microsoft and reinstall. Do I need to uninstall the IE that I have now, or just install on top of it?
    Whatever the case may be, can you give me directions? I tend to get lost easily......

THANKS!

11. brindle

brindle

did you put the *.dll you D\Led and unzipped into your program files\internet explorer?

12. JessNElvis

I just now stuck the folder (entitled hmmapi[1]) into my PrgramFiles> Internet Explorer folder. When I open the unzipped file, however, there is nothing in it. It says at the bottom of the window "0 object(s) (plus 1 hidden)....

13. brindle

brindle

are all your dll files hidden?

14. JessNElvis

I dunno...

I know that makes me sound really stupid but.....

How do i find that out to tell ya?

15. brindle

brindle

in program files\internet explorer go to view\folder options\view and click on show all files\apply\okay. See if the *.dll now shows up. even so when you unzip it what you should see is only the *.dll file. Are you using winzip?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice