Solved: Rundll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JessNElvis

I need some computer genious expertise!

Whenever I'm online, sometimes I get a random DLL error message when I click certain links. It says:

Error Loading C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\HMMAPI.DLL The system cannot find the file specified.

What does this mean, and how do I fix it?

THANKS!

First try running Spybot search and destroy, then run lavasofts adware, it may sound like a bunch but those two programs really kill spyware. HMMAPI.DLL works in IE it may have been corrupted make sure your virus definitions are up-to-date. if all else fails reinstall IE from microsoft web page, get the latest and greatest.

Try an IE repair before you reinstall or sfc to fix a corrupt file or replace a missing one.

To reapair IE:

Go to control panel. Find "Add/Remove programs" icon and double click. Highlight Internet explorer and click add/remove button below. From there, just select repair and follow the instructions.

The sfc idea is better though. To do that: Hit start and go to run. Type in sfc and hit ok. Follow the instructions from the wizard. (Those instructions are for Win98 only). ME, 2000, XP are all different.

What is the OS?

dtugg

Have you tried doing a search for the so called missing dll? It should be in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
Also what OS are you using and which version of IE?

The version you are looking for is 6.00.2800.1106 (or higher) if you are running IE 6.0

JessNElvis

I use WINDOWS 98 (still.... grrrrr)
and I THINK that I have IE6 installed. I'm not totally sure tho.... but I THINk it's 6........
You guys ROCK!!!

JessNElvis

OOOOK you guys......

I ran SpyBot S&D
I ran AdAware

When i went to Dispaly Panel > Add/Remove, Internet Explorer was not listed with all the other programs so I could not repair...

I did the sfc thing... no change

I downloaded the file motherboard told me to download. I unzipped it.... nothing happened. No change

NiteHawk- I searched for the file.... no results.

I went to C: Program Files > Internet Explorer. There's three folders labeled "Plugins" "Setup" and "Signup", a CD creator lesetup file, Explorer itself, and an IE6Setup file.... but no file labeled HMMAPI.DLL

Unless there is something else, I guess I need to go to Microsoft and reinstall. Do I need to uninstall the IE that I have now, or just install on top of it?
Whatever the case may be, can you give me directions? I tend to get lost easily......

THANKS!

did you put the *.dll you D\Led and unzipped into your program files\internet explorer?

JessNElvis

I just now stuck the folder (entitled hmmapi[1]) into my PrgramFiles> Internet Explorer folder. When I open the unzipped file, however, there is nothing in it. It says at the bottom of the window "0 object(s) (plus 1 hidden)....

JessNElvis

I dunno...

I know that makes me sound really stupid but.....

How do i find that out to tell ya?

in program files\internet explorer go to view\folder options\view and click on show all files\apply\okay. See if the *.dll now shows up. even so when you unzip it what you should see is only the *.dll file. Are you using winzip?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online