1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Running videos: Plays for a short time then blue circles for 10 Minutes

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ABRIII, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABRIII

ABRIII Thread Starter

Windows XP Pro, SP3 patched with latest
    Total Memory 1GB
    250 GB hard drive
    Latest Adobe Flash
    Latest Oracle Java

Gateway GT4024 PC

When viewing videos ie: Youtube or ? the video will run for a few minutes and then a rotating blue circle
    continues for about 5-10 minutes, then the video continues again for another few minutes and does the
    entire process over again with the rotating blue circles.

I read one fix on Google but it didn't fix it, that was to run the Java Plugin, select Java, increase the buffers to the maximum, click Apply, OK then press F5 to restart the browser.

I would appreciate your help,

Aaron

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What you are describing sounds like buffering. The video plays until the video buffer is empty, the video pauses until the buffer refills, and then playback continues.

This is typically the result of a slow internet connection and typically most obvious when trying to watch high resolution (ie: HD) content.

3. ABRIII

ABRIII Thread Starter

I checked the Microsoft Media Player version and it was version 9, so I upgraded it to version 11 and now it plays videos without interuption or blue circles.

Thanks for your help,

Aaron

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice