1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: s-video to hdmi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by russ1162, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. russ1162

russ1162 Thread Starter

I have a device smilar to this link here by rca. http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/connectivity/video/?sku=DH4VS
    I would like to know an easy way to connect up hdmi in this switch. I do not want to have to push the input button everytime I have to change the tv to hdmi. I have the google chromecast on this hdmi line.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  3. russ1162

russ1162 Thread Starter

how would this get hooked up to the s-video if i used this hdmi box . Or is there a cheap box that has hdmi and s-video on the box .

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    In your initial post you were talking about HDMI on your TV. I know of no way to convert an S-video signal to HDMI or Hdmi to S-video.

5. russ1162

russ1162 Thread Starter

dusty,

I have a box similar to this one already. http://www.shopvoxx.com/product/rca-vh911r-video-switch-box ... I just want to know an easy way to be able to add hdmi into the cycle with the video switch box. Don't really want to add any more boxes at all.
    I would like to do this using the existing composite, but just adding hdmi to the picture. Really could i make everything so that would be going through the composite cables?

Thanks,

Russ

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  7. russ1162

russ1162 Thread Starter

Dusty,

Here is the thing: I have a Direct tv box, Dvd player, and Chrome Tv. What I need to know is the easiest way to keep all device under one input type instead two or three input types. Hdmi and composite all on one input type. That would be more helpful to me.

Thanks,

Russ

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The simplest solution is one that may not meet much approval. I am making a guess that the Direct TV has HDMI output, Probably the Chrome Box and dvd player as well. If this is so then an up to date HD TV would have multiple HDMI Ports on it.

9. russ1162

russ1162 Thread Starter

Dusty,

Only my Chromecast is hdmi. The rest of my boxes are composite cables.

Russ

10. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If the Chromecast box is the only HDMI you have, and you want to convert it to Composite then the converter I linked to in post number 6 will work.

11. russ1162

russ1162 Thread Starter

Well the chromecast box still work even though this will not be hooked up directly to the tv ? Plus is there another converter that has more then one hdmi slot.

12. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If the Chromecast box is the only HDMI Component why do you need more HDMI Ports on the Converter?

13. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    As far as Chromecast I have never even seen one that I can recall.

14. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    How are you connecting your chromecast to your TV now? Or is this a future set up you are talking about?

15. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice