1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: same recurring windows update

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wloyer, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wloyer

wloyer Thread Starter

I keep getting a recurring windows update. I thought I was just behind on my updates (work away from home for long periods of time). When I went to check which updates were happening, it was the same one which I have downloaded close to a dozen times. "Service pack 2 security update for xml core services 4.0 service pack 2 (kb936181)" The little yellow update box keeps coming back. Can anyone get rid of this headache for me. I have been really good with content since my com got raped last year. RSVP Walter

2. 1SillyBilly

1SillyBilly

Do you have the Updates set to Automatic?

After connecting to the Windows Update, select CUSTOM.

Click on Review Other Updates if the one in question does not display.

When the update is displayed enlarge the information box. At the bottom check the box that reads "Don't show this update again."

3. wloyer

wloyer Thread Starter

Just getting the hang of this geek stuff but am learning more every day...thanks again:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice