1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Samsung netbook only connects to internet through Ethernet Cable

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ferrariman52, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ferrariman52

ferrariman52 Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

I am not sure if this question has been asked before on the forums, but recently, after installing Windows 7 Professional on my netbook, there has been a problem. I think it may be a problem with the wireless card or something..?

But anyway, before I had Professional, I had Starter, and that worked perfectly with the wireless internet. Now, however, I can only connect through ethernet. I know it is definitely a problem with my netbook, as before, the netbook could recognize all the routers, etc., on the street, and now it can't even recognize the router right next to me. Also, my phone is able to connect to my router perfectly fine...

I am running a Samsung N130 Netbook with Windows 7 Professional (x86), I bought the netbook at around November 2010 .

Thanks very much for your help everyone, and I am perfectly happy to supply more information if you need it :)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      26.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I assume that you are trying to use the integrated wireless.

Is the wireless switched on?

Does the wireless adapter show as OK in Device Manager under Network Adapters?

3. ferrariman52

Hey, yeah, I was wanting to use the integrated Wireless.

I will try turning the wireless on, but I tried this last time (Few days ago) and nothing really happened.. :(

When I went into Device Manager, I went on Network Adapters, and only "Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC" came up.

Reckon I could see what the problem is by going into BIOS?

4. MScott821

MScott821

If you do not see the wireless nic in the Device manager, than it is either dead or it is shut off in some fashion - could be BIOS or could be a physical swith on the unit. Even if it were disabled in Windows, you would still see it in the device manager...

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Or maybe you haven't yet installed the driver? What, if any, warnings or errors are anywhere in Device Manager?

6. ferrariman52

I've tried BIOS, and I think all the Wi-Fi was switched on.. :(

7. ferrariman52

@TerryNet Thank you so much, updated the driver and now its all working again :D

Thanks for the help :)

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!