1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sandboxie or Buffer Zone Free

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jack421, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jack421

Jack421 Banned Thread Starter

Which do you think is the best application to run your browser and other application in sandboxie or buffer zone free?:cool:

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

I've never tried Buffer Zone.
    The personal reviews at CNet look OK except for one main issue, Buffer Zone Free works with Internet Explorer, but not Firefox.
    http://download.cnet.com/BufferZone-Free/3640-12512_4-11432339.html
    So, I wouldn't be using it as my main browser is Firefox.

I do use Sandboxie and like being able to whitelist what is allowed to run within the sandbox and what is allowed to connect to the Internet from the sandbox.

3. Jack421

Jack421 Banned Thread Starter

Whats a easy way to instruct me on how to allow cookies to come in through the sand box as well as fire fox add ons and plug ins

4. Stoner

Stoner Banned

With Sandboxie, the cookie control is all within the Firefox options as are the add-ons and plug-ins.
    If you white list what you want to run and have internet access from within Sandboxie, plugin-container.exe has to be included along with Firefox.

I don't use IE except for critical updates, and that has to be done outside the sandbox.

Sandboxie is easy to use :)

5. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

I also use and recommend sandboxie

I use it to browse the internet ...and also set to open pdf files as well as word doc files

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice