1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sandisk Cruzer 8GB missing sandisk files.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sixer, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sixer

Sixer Thread Starter

Hello there.
    I have a Sandisk Cruzer usb and I accidentally erased the file that came on the usb itself and now the device is unreadable to some of my other devices (DVD Player, media players, ect.). I tried looking at the sandisk website for help, I tried google for about an hour and still can't find any thing thats even relevant to this matter. So if anyone knows how to fix this please help, I really need the usb to work again.

Thanks.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. Sixer

Sixer Thread Starter

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    So did you encrypt the files ? With the software you deleted ?

5. Sixer

Sixer Thread Starter

There were no file for me to encrypt. there is nothing on the usb at all. I need the dile that came on the sub when I first bought it.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

You need the what? "dile"?

You should be able to partition and format the drive and just use it. Nothing further is needed. If you used some other software, what did it do?

7. Sixer

Sixer Thread Starter

Sorry, I meant file. I put windows 7 onto the usb because my CD drive doesn't work and it format the USB deleting all the original file on the usb.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You shouldn't need anything on the drive for other devices to read the contents. If you formatted it to install Windows from, then you should do a full format on it. Do the devices you connect it to require it be formatted for FAT32? If so, use that file system.

9. Sixer

Sixer Thread Starter

I did the full format and set it for FAT32 and its working now. Thanks everyone for all the help!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice