Solved: Sansa Clip Zip not lighting up/working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hudstore44

So my son has a Sansa Clip Zip. He's not the most reliable (what 10 year old is). he "lost" his zip for a while and we recently found it. It will not turn on, nor will it show that it is charging. I forced it into MSC mode and that is when I was finally able to view what files are on it on my pc. Maybe the display is bad, but does anyone know if there is any way to make this playable when not connected to the pc (it won't play when connected, it just shows the files). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
H

plodr

Liz
I have two Clip+ mp3 players. One of them appeared to be dead.
I had to hold down the power button for 1 minute, 3 different times before I could get it to power up. That was several years ago and it is now still working properly.

So don't give up it the first time doesn't succeed. Try it again in a few hours.

Also, if a computer USB port doesn't power it up, try an external charger similar to this to try and charge the battery.

Attachments

hudstore44

It's dead. Thanks all. Hope the kids learns this lesson. My wallet sure did.

plodr

Liz
Let him buy the next one. He'll take better care of it by making sure he knows where it is and doesn't let the battery go completely dead/flat so it can't be revived.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online