1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sansa Clip Zip not lighting up/working

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by hudstore44, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hudstore44

hudstore44 Thread Starter

So my son has a Sansa Clip Zip. He's not the most reliable (what 10 year old is). he "lost" his zip for a while and we recently found it. It will not turn on, nor will it show that it is charging. I forced it into MSC mode and that is when I was finally able to view what files are on it on my pc. Maybe the display is bad, but does anyone know if there is any way to make this playable when not connected to the pc (it won't play when connected, it just shows the files). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    H

2. stantley

stantley

Try pressing the power button and hold it down for about twenty seconds to reset the player. If you don't have the tracks on the player backed up you should copy the files to the PC before you lose them.

You could also try updating the firmware.

There's much more info here: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Zip/bd-p/ClipZip

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I have two Clip+ mp3 players. One of them appeared to be dead.
    I had to hold down the power button for 1 minute, 3 different times before I could get it to power up. That was several years ago and it is now still working properly.

So don't give up it the first time doesn't succeed. Try it again in a few hours.

Also, if a computer USB port doesn't power it up, try an external charger similar to this to try and charge the battery.

Attached Files:

4. hudstore44

hudstore44 Thread Starter

It's dead. Thanks all. Hope the kids learns this lesson. My wallet sure did.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Let him buy the next one. He'll take better care of it by making sure he knows where it is and doesn't let the battery go completely dead/flat so it can't be revived.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice