1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sansa Connect mp3 not recognized by PC

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by irainbow, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irainbow

irainbow Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Sansa Connect (M200 series) which has almost always worked before when I connected it to the USB port. Today, however, though it made the characteristic USB connect sound (ba-doop is the closest I can come in words :) ), it did not popup the menu for me to use it. I cannot find it listed in the Disc Drives of "My Computer" .

Am running Windows XP Home with all updates. Wondering if the installation of Norton Security might have anything to do with this? My other MP3s still connect just fine and dandy.

Cannot do anything with the MP3 player. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

TIA,
    Iris

2. irainbow

irainbow Thread Starter

If anyone cares to know how I solved this, I 'fiddled around' with Norton Security and found some sort of setting that allowed me to see that I had a problem with hardware attached ... and it updated the driver for me. ('fiddled around' means I don't know that I could duplicate my steps again -- have always been a sort of intuitive computer user rather than a knowledgeable one) Previous to fiddling with Norton, I had been unable to see that device in my Hardware settings (because I looked in the wrong category -- duh!)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice