Solved: SATA DVD-+writer problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lehatche

I have a 3 month old computer (Dell Optiplex 360) and a new DVD writer ( Memorex - MRX-550L v1) that was bought at the same time. One day last week The DVD was not seen in My Computer, but was seen in control manager with a yellow explaination point. I uninstalled and rebooted several times and with no changes. I then removed DVD and hooked it up to another computer via a USB connection. The DVD works flawlessly, I believe I either have a hardware problem (bad SATA cable or socket) or a software problem. Which (or something else) do you think it might be? Thanks for any suggestions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online