Solved: sata hard drive power connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhorne4

i am in the process of ordering parts to build my 1st computer but i am not sure about the sata hard drive power connection. do i need a special power supply to run the sata drive as the case i am ordering has a 400 watt supply in it or is there an adapter that i can purchase to adapt the supply i have to power the sata drive? ;) any info will be a great help. thanks in advance.

all new PSU should have sata power connections there but if you want to be sure tell me the name of the PSU.

it should have thata sata connection...even if it didnt the sata hdd's come with converters(even OEM) Mobo that support sata also should com with converters.

rhorne4

thanks!!! that answers my question. hope you have a good night.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online