Solved: Sata/ide connector problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acidoz

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 computer that uses Sata connections exclusively. I just purchased a Asus Xonar Essence ST sound card that will only accept a female IDE plug. I have had no success in finding the right connector despite the fact that I have tried many computer stores and the Internet. In the event that
such a connector does not exist, can anyone provide me with a wiring diagram in order that I can make one up myself.

Thanks

acidoz

I have just taken a photo of the card showing clearly that it does have a 4 pin Male IDE connector located where the User Quick Setup Guide indicates the power should be applied. The problem I have is that I do not know how to post photos to this forum.

acidoz

Many thanks from a fellow Canuck,that looks like it will do the trick. I'll leave the post open until such time as I get the adaptor and try it.

acidoz

Many thanks to Triple6 for your help. I purchased the PCB version of the adapter from Newegg and am now enjoying wonderful music from my Asus soundcard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online