1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Save as Word Perfect doc

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by StanC, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

Hu Guys

I use WORD 2007 and want to save a file in Word Perfect format so I can send it to a friend who uses Word Pefect.
    There are several options for file types listed with SAVE AS. Which one would allow opening the doc in Word Perfect?

StanC

2. stantley

stantley

You can just send him the MS Word document. When he gets it he can open the file with Word Perfect, it will reformat the file and he can save it as a Word Perfect document.

From one Stan to another :)

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If the friend has a very old version of WP, then save it as a RTF type of file. Some of the older versions do NOT have converters for the newer versions of Word. Note, ALL converters are NOT installed by default, if I remember right, by the WP installer.

Also make sure that you are sending a "DOC" file and NOT a DOCX" type of file.

The "Wife" uses WP all the time, but she is using version X4 and has no problems in reading Word files.

4. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

Thanks Stantley & DaveA.
    I'll try those thoughts.

BTW DaveA - how can I tell if the doc is doc or docx?

StanC

5. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Look at the file name with extension.
    You do have ALL extensions showing do you not?

6. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

Actually no. I do not see an option to display file names with their extensions. Show me please.
    StanC

7. stantley

stantley

In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

8. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

OK - did that and now can see the filename extensions. WORD 2007 is making files with the extension .docx.

So is there some way I can modify the extension so the files can be opened in Word Perfect?

StanC

9. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Yes, in the options you can set the default to be DOC or you can do a "Save As" and select the doc extension for each file.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice