1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Save MS Word File:

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by referee07, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

I have Password Safe and have all of my password saved in MS Word in a "letter." I would like to safe this "letter" to CD for safekeeping but can't seem to accomplish this task. I try to use "save as" and identify my CD Writer drive but it won't work. (I get a message saying something about it won't work. Does anyone know how I can save this MS Word file/"letter" on my CD? Thanks in advance.

2. downinfront

downinfront

are you trying to save directly from the word program? Something you can try is just save it to say, your desktop, right click it, then send to your d:\, burn it, and then delete the copy off your desktop and out of your recycle bin, or use a file shredder (since it has passwords in plain text)

3. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

downinfront, yes, I am trying to save it directly from Word but I keep getting error messages when I try to save it to my CD drive. I'll try your suggestion to save it on the desktop and then save/transfer/burn it to the CD. BTW, welcome to TSG.com. This is a great site and I have had many problems with my computer answered by its members. BTW, I went to your profile and congradulations on having such a pretty woman look at you with such awe and wonder. What is your secrect? 8~)

Referee07

4. downinfront

downinfront

my secret? hahaha! Chloroform! or maybe buying all the groceries. who knows!

5. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

downinfront, thanks for the reply. 8~)

Referee07

6. Laurette Hulse

Laurette Hulse

I have had that problem before and found that I have to close the file and copy it to the cd. Then, if you no longer want the file on your computer you can delete it and only have the one on your CD. Hope that helps.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice