1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] saving changes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by padutch, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

When I make a change in the registry and exit it gives me no choice of saving changes. This is ok untill I reboot and then the registry goes back to what it was befor the changes.
    Help
    Rick

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi padutch,

What are you trying to change??

Spaceman

3. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

the contents of the address bar. I can change them ok but when I reboot they all come back. SHouldn't there be a save changes when you make a change in registry?
    Rick

4. steamwiz

steamwiz

Hi padutch

you don't need to go into the registry to delete the contents of the address bar

Go to Tools\internet options and click "clear history"

steam

5. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

Don't want to delete them all. Just taking out the ones i don't want there. Hace done it befor but changes were always saved even after reboot. Can't understand why they all come back after reboot now
    Rick

6. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Where in the registry are you trying to change them......"TypedURLs"?? or elsewhere?

SM

7. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

Yep , in Typed URL ___ Anyway I found my mistake. I had IE open when I made the changes to the registry. THis time I closed IE and made the changes, rebooted and the changes stayed. Thanks to all the knowledge I have obtained on this site my pc has run perfect for over a year. It is so nice to find such dedicated people with so much knowledge in one little site.
    Thanks
    Rick

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice