Solved: Saving Favorites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dougy

I'm getting a new computer to-morrow and need to know how I can burn my FAVOURITES from I.E. to CD or to an external drive so I can transfer them to the new p.c. without buying a data transfer cable, which are not cheap. Would also like to do the same with WINDOWS MAIL folders. I am on VISTA HOME PREMIUM at the moment. Any help greatly appreciated.

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
The favourites are simply shortcut files, so you should be able to just copy them out of the current folder and into the new folder (onto any flash disks or CDs as required). In Vista the favourites folder is C:\Users\Your User Name\Favourites.

I'm not sure about transferring Windows Mail folders, perhaps this will help.
This article in the TSG Library of Knowledge might also be helpful, though it talks about migrating from outlook rather than Windows Mail.

Hello Dougy;

In Windows Mail you can export your messages and contacts... Click on File then Export,, save them to a usb drive and then you can import them on the new computer from the usb drive, or save to a folder on your computer and burn to a cd. In windows mail on the new computer click on File then Import.

Hope this helps!

Dave
[advertising removed by mod]

dougy

Thanks a lot guys for the advice. The favourites was easy and as for the Windows Mail folders I just typed LOCAL FOLDERS in the start search box and they came up, then all I had to do was send to external drive,CD or whatever. Once again thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online