1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Saving Favorites

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dougy, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougy

dougy Thread Starter

I'm getting a new computer to-morrow and need to know how I can burn my FAVOURITES from I.E. to CD or to an external drive so I can transfer them to the new p.c. without buying a data transfer cable, which are not cheap. Would also like to do the same with WINDOWS MAIL folders. I am on VISTA HOME PREMIUM at the moment. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    The favourites are simply shortcut files, so you should be able to just copy them out of the current folder and into the new folder (onto any flash disks or CDs as required). In Vista the favourites folder is C:\Users\Your User Name\Favourites.

I'm not sure about transferring Windows Mail folders, perhaps this will help.
    This article in the TSG Library of Knowledge might also be helpful, though it talks about migrating from outlook rather than Windows Mail.

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    For Favourites I back up and sync to Xmarks, free online & cross platform and it's a good backup to keep

easy to use too http://www.xmarks.com/about/features

One less disc to burn?

Richard

4. I_T_Doctor

I_T_Doctor

Hello Dougy;

In Windows Mail you can export your messages and contacts... Click on File then Export,, save them to a usb drive and then you can import them on the new computer from the usb drive, or save to a folder on your computer and burn to a cd. In windows mail on the new computer click on File then Import.

Hope this helps!

Dave
    [advertising removed by mod]

5. dougy

dougy Thread Starter

Thanks a lot guys for the advice. The favourites was easy and as for the Windows Mail folders I just typed LOCAL FOLDERS in the start search box and they came up, then all I had to do was send to external drive,CD or whatever. Once again thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice