1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Saving files on other HD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by spankyjo54, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spankyjo54

spankyjo54 Thread Starter

I have a rather large HD and thanks to my son who has been messing with my PC I am now the proud owner of the slowest computer in the world, that either scares me to death with the blue screen or just takes a millenium to load.I don't know what he has been doing, or deleting or clicking on but I have to do a total redo. I have allot of files I want to save that are too large to put on CD and since I have another HD on this same computer is there a way that I can clean it. (it is an old one I was getting files off to put on my new HD). I used a special utility for that but since this old HD still has residual files on it from Windows XP, etc, I need to get rid of that and just prepare the HD for file storage only, right? If so, how do I go about doing that?
    I have searched the net and get everything but what I want answered. LOL Maybe you can give me better luck since the option I am after is clearly going to be seen by a A PERSON, and hopefully replied to by a person. Thanks. :confused: :D

2. DerekC

DerekC

Ok, just to recap, you want to move all your personal data onto a second hard drive that's already in the computer. But first you want to remove all the current files that are on it?

To clean it, the best option would be to simply format it. Open My Computer, Right click the drive you want to clean, choose format, then choose the proper format option that you want, and click ok.

Once it's done you should be able to just Copy/Paste, or Click/Drag your files to the newly formated drive.

3. spankyjo54

spankyjo54 Thread Starter

I thought so, but since I have never done it before I didn't want to ruin a perfectly good HD that I now have all the info off of I need. Your great for helping. I have been out of town for awhile so took a bit for me to find my post. Again THANKS. !!!!! A Barton Your GREAT :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/804367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice