1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Saving My Microsoft Money Check Register as Excel Worksheet

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jack1000, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Hey All,

Is there a way in Microsoft Money 2004 to open up my checking account register and than export (copy) the account register to an Excel Worksheet? I don't want to just send a report, I want to copy my checking account to an Excel Workbook so that when I open the Excel Worksheet, it looks like a checkbook register.

I than want to be able to enter data into my Excel Workbook and use this as a backup of my check register.

Jack

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

You should be able tho' I can't say for sure (haven't used Money for a few years).

This article may help.

Re: "a backup of my check register", I definitely remember Money having in-built capability to back up to floppy disk. ( :eek: )

3. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Thanks!

While I couldn't find the specifics for Money 2004, the best way is to do the following: (For Money 2004) Other versions may or may not apply:

1.) Open Money
    2.) Open the Account or Report that you want to use to Export the data.
    3.) The left hand pane has an Export to Microsoft Excel. Save to the folder where you want the report or file to be exported.
    4.) If you have Excel, the data Opens in XLS format.
    5.) Than, what I do for backup, (I use Google Docs), I open the file XLS file in Excel
    6.) I than do A Save as, an Excel 97-2003 file type workbook in the file type menu.
    7.) I can than go into Google Docs. Log in, upload the file to Google Docs. and it opens and saves in Excel format. Log out of Google Docs and your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations are safe online. It's 1000 times better than saving to a floppy!

Jack

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!