1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Saving Pictures from Internet

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by notabenexxu, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. notabenexxu

notabenexxu Thread Starter

I get on the internet I see pictures. I try to save them to my Pictures. Everything seems allright except the picture is not saved. Is there some item I have turned off.
    Bill:eek: http://images.techguy.org/smilies/redface.gif
    :eek:

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

How are you attempting to save them?

3. buf

buf

A big welcome to TSG. Don't know what OS you are using but WinXP allows me to right click on a pic and one of the options is to "save as" then you would choose My Documents to save it to and to the My Pictures folder. If you do not like the file name, give the pic a name you can remember. Not all pics can be saved and if that is the case, then you have no control over saving it. Good luck.

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

As stated previously, not all images on the web can be saved. When I run into this problem I use a screen ripping program to take a snapshot of the image I want.

Regards,
    Rollin

5. neos1

neos1

6. MMJ

MMJ Guest

7. neos1

neos1

8. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Cut it out with paint.

9. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

If you want to save just a picture's image, right-click and use the "Save Image As" selection. Your browser should then download the image from the website to your defalt download folder/directory. You can check your default download folder / directory by following your browser's Tools/Downloads selection (if you use Firefox) and a similar one for IE preferences.

-- Tom

10. neos1

neos1

Some pictures are covered with a clear gif(?) and cannot be saved in that manner but on the other hand what if you want some of the text also? "The save picture as" works great for most things but if a person wants to save just part of the picture or parts of the screen...

Attached Files:

11. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Yeah some people do that to protect the images, no worry the file will be in your temp folder.

12. neos1

neos1

and they have a right to. I am not using any of their images for personal gain. Usually as a memory jogger; it's hell getting old. Besides that If they stick their images on my computer without my permission the same as on television then it's fair use. When I pay 60.00 per month to have that drivel pumped into my house then I have to endure their insults I guess their images become fair game.:) My temp file is cleaned every night with a little program called eraser.

The Anti-EULA:

READ CAREFULLY. By [accepting this material|accepting this payment|accepting this business-card|viewing this t-shirt|reading this sticker] you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.

http://www.eff.org

13. jdl

jdl

ScreenPrint32 at http://www.provtech.co.uk/software/screenprint32.asp will allow you to select the precise area of the screen you wish to save or you can use other options for the complete screen etc. I've been using it for years with no problems. It is FREE for home users.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice