1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] scanner and printer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by afb1957, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. afb1957

afb1957 Thread Starter

I am operating on Windows XP and I have a Visioneer paperport and a HP printer. The printer will work fine alone. But when trying to scan the scanner will not start and I have gone and updated the drivers for it. It will also at times make a clicking sound and then send nothing to the printer but it shoots out a piece of paper. I have no idea as to way the scanner is sending when it is trying. I think I have more then just one problem. They were both working just fine until we got the Windowws XP.
    Any idea will be great! :cool:

2. TechChick

TechChick

What specific models are the scanner and printer? How do they connect to the computer? Do either of them connect through USB? Parallel port? Did you install Windows XP drivers for your hardware?

3. afb1957

afb1957 Thread Starter

They use parrell ports. The drivers were updated for the windows XP. As I said before the scanner is a visioneer paperport 3100b. The printer is an HP as in hewlett pacard deskjet 950. As I stated before I just got the XP and I got messages from it that says it might have a conflict and the windows xp does not hav the drivers for these products and that is why I updated through the companys sites to bring the drivers up for the XP. The scanner worked once and then started making noise instead of scanning. The scanner also opens a window now that says the scanner is not running. The printer works fine for all other things except when you are trying to scan.

4. TechChick

TechChick

I went to Visioneer's web site, but they don't have Windows XP drivers for your scanner. What did you download?

Is the printer an HP DeskJet 950C? You said just 950, but that's a scanner/fax/copier machine.

How are these devices connected to your computer? Is the printer connected to the scanner which is connected to the computer?

5. afb1957

afb1957 Thread Starter

thanks for the help but I have help coming via all the companies.

6. TechChick

TechChick

Have you worked with these companies before? Do you have a support contract with them?

7. afb1957

afb1957 Thread Starter

We went back to Visioneer and finally found the download need to make the scanner work with windows xp. You have to really search their site to find the download.

8. Dan O

Dan O

Can you post the URL? I need the driver myself.

Thanks

9. afb1957

afb1957 Thread Starter

http://www.visionerr.com/dynahome.html go to Windows XP information click on it. This is on the right hand side of the screen. On the left side of your screen you will see a list click on driver updates. Find the type of scanner or printer you hand and click on go and follow the instructions. I hope this helps you out.:)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice