1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: schematic help... connecting wires

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrclean816, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrclean816

mrclean816 Thread Starter

need to figure out what to connect/put switches too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. norton850

norton850

I always wanted a crystal ball. Is that all the info we are going to get.

3. mrclean816

well thats all the info i have....
    do you read schematics?

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You need eight single pole single throw switches.

Wire together one contact of all switches and then connect that line to pin #9 (Ground)

Individually connect the remaining contacts to pins #1 through #8.

Leaving a switch open will drive the matching input to a logic high level. Closing a switch will drive the matching input to a logic low.

I suspect that you need a momentary contact switch for the Degauss line (pin #5).

5. mrclean816

so let me make sure I understand what your telling me....
    Basically I connect every pin except degauss to ground....
    and making a complete circuit... aka connecting the pin to ground should cause the function to take place?

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    No. You connect a separate SPST switch between each of of pins #1 through #8 and ground. All switches except for the one for pin#5 need to be able keep their opened or closed position. The switch for pin#5 needs to be a normally open momentary contact

Connecting a pin to ground will cause the action that is listed for a logic low in the chart to occur. For pins #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8 this will activate the given function. Pins # 6 and 7 have both active high and low functions. Leaving a switch open will cause the input to go to a TTL logic high level.

NOTE: I read your other post about the VGA pinout conversion. You should be able to get an 8 position DIP switch and a single momentary contact switch at Frys. Using 7 of the 8 switches in the DIP pack may be cheaper and more compact than buying 7 individual switches.

7. mrclean816

thanks for all your help, i finally got the connector on the back to operate....
    It finally clicked that I had to keep the connections closed in order for to operation to take hold.

Now the only problem I'm having is connecting my xbox 360 to it via the vga adapter.
    I have wired up the db-15 rgb2 output to the same pin 1-15 to a hd-15 vga plug.
    I plug in the xbox to the adapter and nothing. Doesn't do anything.
    I might be missing something, but I'm not sure so I included all the pages that have anything to do with that port.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some pictures of the little adapter I made

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!