1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: School WIFI issues: A question of speed or "spread"

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Psychteacher, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychteacher

Psychteacher Thread Starter

Hi All

I've recently started teaching at school which has a serious internet problem. When I joined the school they informed me the WIFI was terrible as the phone lines to the area were "overloaded" and they were working on getting fiber optics. The annoying thing is, they have given the students I pads, but without internet access they are pretty useless. :(:(

Having worked there for three weeks I have seen that some classes have a decent connection and others have nothing. The ones that do have WIFI are located next to what looks like a wireless router (similar to what I have in my house with a little aerial).

My questions are, would this router be some form of WIFI repeater? And if so, would installing more improve access in the classrooms? If not, and the "overload" explanation is true, could someone point me in the right direction of where to start looking for possible solutions.:confused::confused:

Thank you very much in advance and if you require any extra information just ask and I will investigate.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    These are questions for the school's IT and it's also their responsibility to address, you should be taking your concerns to them. We cannot assist a user or employee with changing or altering what is generally a secured and controlled network and doing so could bring serious consequences to you and to us. I think this thread should be closed based on those grounds.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!