1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Screen brighter in right bottom corner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phantom010, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I just got myself a new Samsung S24B350HL 24" LED wide screen monitor.

On a black background, I can notice the bottom right corner of the screen has a bright spot. I've tried a lot of different settings, but nothing will get rid of it. I've also tried adjusting the picture with my Nvidia software. No change.

I know this is a known issue on LED and LCD monitors, but other than taking it back to the store, is there anything I can do? Is there a good chance other monitors will do the same?

Thank you

2. replay

replay

i just recently purchased a dell S2740L ....... when viewing webpage with a white or light background 30% of the screen was brighter with a blueish tint to it
    i tried everything i could to make it right (even 2 hours on hold with dell)
    i ended up just sending it back and purchasing a new one
    ....moral of the story ****send it back***** and get a perfect one

3. Phantom010

That's usually my moral as well. I'm simply wondering if a replacement will be better, or if I'll be wasting my time unplugging and packing up everything, and going to the store, if it's only to find out that we have to live with that "normal" defect for a LED monitor.

4. replay

replay

nah... not the norm i have 2 dells and the other is perfect.......... getting the new one tomorrow from newegg and i will be inspecting it (very closely)

5. Phantom010

Might just go there tomorrow and exchange it.

Thanks

6. Phantom010

Well, just went ahead and exchanged my monitor for a brand new one. Problem's gone.

The first one was perfect at first... Let's hope this one will stay perfect... :rolleyes:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice