1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Screen Capture APP?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rbulot, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rbulot

rbulot Thread Starter

Hi, I want to be able to do more than what the "PrtScn" in Windows will let me do. I am looking at an app named SnagIt and wonder if any of you have any experience or other suggestions.

Thanks, Richard

2. Sponsor

3. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

4. stantley

stantley

SnagIt is a very good screen capture program, but the latest version costs $49.95. If you're looking for freeware please provide more details.

Exactly what features are you looking for and which version of Windows do you have?

5. rbulot

rbulot Thread Starter

Here is my PC info: Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 6103 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 610377 MB, Free - 379415 MB; F: Total - 610469 MB, Free - 232972 MB; M: Total - 7 MB, Free - 2 MB; N: Total - 238409 MB, Free - 215480 MB; O: Total - 953618 MB, Free - 733765 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, H55M-E33(MS-7636) , 1.0, To be filled by O.E.M.
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I would like a very feature rich app there is not a freebie out there I guess I will pay for SnagIt

Thanks, Richard

6. buf

buf

I have been using the free Snagit 7.2.5 for over a year and it does work very well. I don't recall where I got it but perhaps a Bing or Google will find it for you. I vaguely recall this version was the last free version. Good luck to you.

7. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Since you have Windows 7 Home Premium, then you already have a very good screen capture program.

Open the Start menu, then type into the search box "snipping" without quotes and you will see the Snipping Tools listed. Right click it and pin it to the Task bar. Now you have a screen capture tool for your use.

8. stantley

stantley

There are tons of free screen capture programs out there. If you're not sure exactly which features you need try several and compare.

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fwscreen_r.html

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-screen-capture-utility.htm

http://fileforum.betanews.com/brows...e/Capture/popular?license=freeware&os=windows

I also use the free version of SnagIt that buf mentioned, but it's about 6 years old so I'm not sure if it would work with Windows 7 x64. If you want to try it, download from here:

http://www.oldapps.com/SnagIT.php?old_snagit=12

The registration key is YW6RC-4YMK6-SZBBD-C2MCW-Q9D96 (It was a free promotional version). Also, the current version of SnagIt has a free trial.

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

10. rbulot

rbulot Thread Starter

Thanks so much to all of you, I will try the one that comes with Win 7 and if I need more I will try your recommended apps.

Richardd

11. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

In Windows 7, I've replaced the image viewer with the freeware Irfanview ... As my system default Viewer.
    It's a better Image viewer and it can edit also.

I have a custom Irfanview Shortcut .. and after I manually take a screen shot ...
    I click on the shortcut which opens the screen shot in Irfanview ...
    Then I can edit it anyway I want .. And save it any format I want.
    What more could you want ???

12. rbulot

rbulot Thread Starter

Thanks for more info NoyB.

Richard

13. buf

buf

Yes, Snip that is included in Win7 is also an excellent screen capture app. I sometimes use it rather than Snagit but either one does a great job--and all for free.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008839