1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Screen changed colour

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kbexraf, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kbexraf

kbexraf Banned Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2047 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1050, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 272545 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5B-E
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security 2012

Was using my computer when suddenly the screen went pink. The desktop background solid colour was Dark Green but is now a deep blue (not one of the optional colours) and the background to any pages or work that I am doing is still pink. I tried changing the background colour but this made no difference.

I have searched the forum and have seen reports of similar occurances by others.One expired post by Scorpio 113 27 Jan.02 assisted by Eddie 5659 was more or less the same as my problem. I followed the advice given by Eddie 5659 and ran DXDIAG - carried out all the tests which came back "No problems found"
    Test DirectX Draw - Test DirectX 3D 7,8 and 9 - DirectX Sound,DirectX Music = All successful.

I then tried changing the screen resolution from 1280 x 720 to resolutions highr and lower but this made no difference to the background colour being pink.
    In answer to a similar expired problem,one TechGuy suggested that the monitor (LG 1943SS may have lost one of the clour guns.
    The monitor was purchasewd May 2010 and is still covered by a 3 year On-Site Monitor Swap Out Warranty.
    The Signal Cable has not been moved and is fitted correctly at the computer and at the monitor.

Techguys - come to my rescue please.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yes, one color may be gone from the monitor. Try another monitor to find out. The color of your screen should be missing red, green, or blue. It's hard to say if red is gone or reduced from the pink you describe, but some images ought to show clearly that one of those colors is missing.

A color could disappear from your graphics card, too, and that is usually caused by overheating, though simple age-related failure can cause it, too. Make sure it has fans running if it has fans and that all vents are clear. But if something burned out, it could be too late for that to make any difference.

3. kbexraf

kbexraf Banned Thread Starter

Thasnks for the advice. I used my tv PC input and it is perfectly normal. Must be the monitor so will contact LG tomorrow to get it exchange under their warranty.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Thanks for the followup. You're lucky it wasn't your graphics card. Hope you get a new one. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!