Solved: screen is black, no color

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i know i have made alot of new threads, im sorry, i just have alot of problems with this computer. i've been disconnecting it, and when i plugged it back in earlyier, i didnt have no screen, it was just black. you can see it flash though when it was starting up. i have no idea whats wrong.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Have you checked all the cords to make sure they are plugged in correctly (and securely)? It may be loose. Was the monitor working before you disconnected it?

gmcsierra99

Banned
every thing is in tight, and yes it was working properly, i had taking the computer apart earlyier to put a network card and some ram in it, and i was thinking that i knocked something off? put i took it apart again and didnt see anything off.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Perhaps the video card became loose. Have you checked it? Or do you have onboard video?

gmcsierra99

Banned
i dont know what any of that is, sorry. should i crack it back open?

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Well, that can depend on what slot it's in. (am I making this worse? lol)

It could be in the PCI slot, which is the slot similar to where your network card is installed.

Or it could be in the AGP slot.

Here's a picture of a video card:

Attachments

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Follow the cord that connects the monitor to the PC, that should give you a better idea as well.

gmcsierra99

Banned
ok i thought thats what it was lol, im going to have to take out my heatsink real fast to get to it.

gmcsierra99

Banned
no my video card dont look like that, this computers a Compaq Presario 5835.

gmcsierra99

Banned
theres nothing in any of them slots except for my network card, soo i probrably have an onboard video.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online