1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Screen Savers gone

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aurspruch, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurspruch

aurspruch Thread Starter

I have windows xp, I turned on my computer one day and the screen saver was gone replaced by one that is bugs crossing the screen. I downloaded AVG and it looks like I had a virus, I got it cleaned up but now my screen savers are gone with the exception of the bugs. I used my pictures as my screen saver and they are still there but can not figure out how to get them back as my screen saver, the screen saver tab is just gone.
    Any help would be great the bugs are creeping me out.

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

aurspruch, Go to the link below and scroll down to line 285 (right column) and click on "Restore All Display Tabs" to download a reg file fix. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Tufenuf

3. aurspruch

aurspruch Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your help, I can now see my grandchildrens sweet face and not some creepy bug on computer.:):D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!