Solved: Screensaver password issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Datteel

Greetings. I recently started college not too long ago and I've been having a little issues with the security of my Gateway laptop running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack II. I would like to enable the prompt for password feature when returning from a screen saver. However, when I go into the options, the only thing I can check is 'On resume, display welcome screen'. I've searched around a bit more but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated on where to find this feature.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You should fine it on the main Screen saver pane, see attachment.

Attachments

Datteel

I've checked there, it doesn't give me that option. It only says 'on resume, display welcome screen.'

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have a password set when you start up Windows and login to YOUR user account?
If NOT, then that is what you need to do first.

Datteel

I had that at first, then removed it and reset it. Now I'm able to select that option. I appreciate your time and help, DaveA, thanks a bunch.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Great, glad to be of service.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online