1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Screensaver Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by John Burns, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. John Burns

John Burns Thread Starter

I have Windows XP installed with Microsoft 3D Windows XP Screensaver on my computer and it works fine - my problem is that I can't seem to KEEP it as my screensaver. It keeps reverting back to plain Windows XP Screensaver. Is there a way that I can "lock" in the screensaver so it won't keep changing back? Not a biggie - just an irritation - lol! Appreciate any input. Thanks.

2. rawmeat

rawmeat

When does it revert to the default screen saver, when you log out or randomly?

If when you log out, then you probably have a policy applied that does not save changes on logout. You are allowed to make changes during the session, but cannot make permanent changes.

3. John Burns

Sorry bout that - if I would give ALL the information, you might be able to help me - lol. It does it mainly when I change themes on my desktop - never when I just log out, that I remember. Is there a way to apply a screensaver to EACH theme? This changing themes thing is new to me - I am using TGT Soft for the theme changes, and am not fully acquainted with it yet, so part of the problem may lie there?

4. rawmeat

rawmeat

I think you are on to something. I don't play with themes much anymore, just let me do my thing and I'm happy. It may vey well be your theme changing software. The more you play with it, the more you'll know about it.:D

5. John Burns

Thanks for the input - will do that. Appreciate your comments.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/187547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice