1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Script Errors using AOL

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Marv1b, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marv1b

Marv1b Thread Starter

I get Script Error on just about every WEB page I visit. I am using AOL and it is supposed to be automaticaly updated? I did download a new Internet Explorer 5.5 and the updates but that did not help the AOL Problem.
    Any ideas? AOL has not been of any help on this.
    Marv

2. brianF

brianF

May or may not help

in IE, go to tools, internet options, advanced, make sure disable script debugging is checked

3. Marv1b

Marv1b Thread Starter

Tried changing the IE to Not debug script. It was no help. Maybe this is a problem with AOL?? if anyone is running AOL, I get a script error on this page.
    http://wral-tv.com/
    Can someone else try this page and let me know if they get a script error?
    Thanks for trying, I am really snowed on this. I have reloaded AOL too and that didnt help either.
    Marv

4. beach51

beach51

Hi Marv,dont have aol,but tried your link,and had no script errors.Have you tried the repair option for IE?Go to Start>Settings>control panel>add and remove programs>highlight IE and internet tools>click remove>this will bring up the dialog box>put a tick in repair IE>click ok.

Let us know if this helps

5. Marv1b

Marv1b Thread Starter

IE does not gove me the Script Errors. Only get them on AOL??????????
    Marv

6. beach51

beach51

Marv,AOL,like many ISP's still uses MSIE.They just add alot of there stuff to it,And AOHELL is the worst.You can still use the repair option for IE.It may or may not solve the problem your having with script errors,but its worth a shot.

So easy to use,no wonder its NO#1:D

7. aldiboronti

aldiboronti

I use AOL and had exactly the same problem. It wasn`t every web page that the errors came up, but it was often enough to drive me crazy. I changed from AOL6 to AOL7 and the problem got a little better, and now, finally, it seems to have gone. Don`t know what was causing it, it seems to be like the mysterious DNS errors with AOL that are being discussed in the Web forum ( Strange Problem), ie just another way for AOYell to drive us mad.

8. Marv1b

Marv1b Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. Since I do not get the cript Errors using Internet Explorer, I believe they are being caused by AOL.
    It is strange that only a few people seem to havce the problem so it must be some type of compatability problem?? The only program I have running other than AOL is Norton 2000, and Win 98?? Perhaps I have a worm or trojan interfering but they dont show up with any of the scans I have tried?
    Marv

9. Marv1b

Marv1b Thread Starter

This was caused by some conflict between AOL and Zone Alarm. I am running AOL 6.0 and Zone Alarm (a firewall) 3.0 Pro. This started some time after I installed Zone Alarm and seemed to get worse with time. Today I reset Zone Alarm (I cleared out the files in C: Windows\Internet Logs folder) and restarted Zone Alarm. For some unknown mysterious reason, the script errors have disappeared???
    Thanks to all that tried to help me with this strange problem,
    Marv

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/83409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice