1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Scrolling Problem (Need Help)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by puppypaws, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

I had some work done on my computer and it does not scroll as it did before, now it moves in waves which will make you drunk watching the screen. What has happened and how do I change back to it's original function (can't restore).

I am running XP Pro with SP/3.

Thanks,
    Reid

2. jdean

jdean

Try reinstalling the drivers for your graphics card.

3. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

Explain how to accomplish this, I was 55 years old before I touched my first computer and what little I know I learned from people such as yourself.

4. baladio

baladio

Describe the "waves." Is it supposed to be a cool effect, or does it look like something is wrong?

5. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

It may look cool to some people but it makes older folks like myself sick to watch. My wife says it undulates. To me being an old farmer it appears the screen completely fades away as the same screen comes back into view in a different position up or down according to how much you roll the mouse wheel.

This is something else that blows my mind, this website I am typing in scrolls perfectly, the way it once did. It moves per line depending on how much the mouse wheel is rolled.

Thanks for trying to help me,
    Reid

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice